Roger Sanchez - My Roots (Official Video)


In keeping with the sound of "My Roots", the official music video, produced by SHERIF HIGAZY, uses striking animation featuring a range of instantly recognizable New York iconography.



The video was debuted exclusively in the Huffington Post’s entertainment section along with a great write up and interview with Roger and Sherif.  Roger talks about his renewed sound, why making videos is important to him, and more.

Director Higazy speaks of "coming up with a visual vocabulary to translate" the "sights and sounds" of a Sanchez show to a music video, which he accomplished by "chucking and dripping paint onto a canvas (which we superimposed digitally) to give the piece the energy and movement it needed.


OUT NOW: ROGER SANCHEZ - MY ROOTS

Following the hugely successful "Troubleman" release and his recent "Release Yourself '13 compilation, Roger Sanchez has announced details of his new single, "My Roots".

The second single from his forthcoming new album entitled 'Roots', this track is a stunning piece of retrofitted house that represents the renewed direction Roger’s music has taken over the past year. The hypnotic vocal and bumping bassline harks back to classic New York house, but the delivery is pure 2013.

Hand-picked by Roger, the well-rounded remix package takes in a number of different sub-genres. Currently one of Roger’s favourite producers, Technasia turns in a fantastic techno mix, Sonny Fodera takes a slow and deeper route in line with his reputation as one of the fastest rising stars of underground house, and Alexei & Carlos Kinn bring a Latin/tribal feel with their tech house remix.

ROGER SANCHEZ SAID:

"Leading up to my album Roots, I felt the time was right to drop the next chapter in my return to the underground. "My Roots" is very representative of the original vibe when I started out in house music, but done in a very current and modern mentality. The sounds that I started out with are back in a big way in the underground, and I just felt very inspired to create something that captures that party vibe. I went back to my grimy, dirty jackin' house sounds with this one, and it's very representative of my DJ'ing technique with builds, big bass line drops and huge soaring vocals.  It's been fantastic to see how well it's been received on my dance floor."


Out now on Beatport! Get it here: btprt.dj/14FTaFl

Via:Roger sanchez

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...